presented the distributed system of management of the source texts git 2.38 . GIT is one of the most popular, reliable and high -performance versions management systems that provide flexible means of nonlinear development, based on branching and fusion of branches. To ensure the integrity of history and resistance to changes in “retroactively”, implicit hashing the entire previous story in each community is also possible, it is also possible to certify the digital signatures of the developers of individual tags and commits. Participation of 92 developers, of which 24 first took part in development. Basic innovations :
- The main composition includes the utility “ scalar “, developed Microsoft for managing large repository. The utility was originally written in the language of C#, but GIT includes Reduced Option in the language of SI.
The new utility differs from the Git team by the inclusion of additional features and settings that affect performance when working with very large repositories. For example, when using
Scalar is used:
- partial cloning To work with an incomplete copy of the repository.
- Built-in mechanism for tracking changes in the file system ( Fsmonitor ), which allows you to do without ramping the entire working catalog.
- Indexes covering objects in different Pack files ( multi-pack).
- a href=”https://github.blog/2022-08-30-30-database-internals-ii-commit-history-queries/#gits-commit-graph-file”> comit-graphs The index of the Count Committe, used to optimize access to comput information.
- Background periodic work to maintain the optimal structure of the repository in the background, without blocking an interactive session (once per hour, work is performed on the proactive loading of fresh objects from a remote repository and updating the file with the compeme graph, and every night the process of packaging the repository is launched).
- mode “ SparsecheckoutCone “, limiting the permissible templates for partial cloning.