published release “Alt Workstation to 10”, supplied with a graphic environment for Based on KDE Plasma. Loading images are prepared for the architecture of x86_64 ( http , Yandex-Zirkalo, distribib coffee , infania networks ). The operating system is included in the Unified Register of Russian Programs and will satisfy the requirements of the transition to infrastructure under the control of domestic OS.
KDE -based assembly became final in updating the entire line of alt distributions to the tenth branch of the platform. In December 2021, the distributions of , ” Working Puncture “, ” Education “, Simply linux , “virtualization server” .
An important feature is the ability to load from the disk “Alt Workstation K” in Live mode. Like other operating systems from the Alt OS family, the distribution is equipped with a graphic Alterator interface to set up a system that allows users and groups, view system magazines, add printers, configure the network and much more. The system successfully works in the Active Directory domain. Support for use group policies implemented using the Samba 4.14 server. In “Alt Workstation to 10” there are all tools for performing office tasks – a web browser, an office package of text editors and tables, as well as players and editors of sound and video.
The main innovations and features:
- Distribution contains packages of current versions for the systemic environment based on the Linux 5.15, Glibc 2.32 nucleus, and the compilers GCC 10.3, Systemd 249.9.
- Support for the 12th generation of Intel Alder Lake.
- Added support for seamless system loading.
- The opportunity to take a picture of the screen when installing the system.
- Added additional drivers for OKI, Brother and Epson scanners.
- The Linphone program includes a cross -platform client IP -telephony in the SIP standard with an open source, distributed under the GNU GPL license. The Linphone program is intended for organizing audio and video calls, as well as interchange text messages through the Internet.
- Support for SNAP applications for desktop computers, clouds and the Internet of things, and the possibility of installing them from the SNAP Store catalog. To install packages in Flatpak format, the FlatHub repository is connected by default.
- Implemented the mode of safe renewal of the system in which the system will update packages during rebooting.
- Instead of Apt-indicator, Plasma5-Discover-Packagekit appeared.