NVIDIA Corporation published the first stable release of a new branch of the proprietary driver NVIDIA 460.32.03 . The branch will develop as part of a long support cycle (LTS) until January 2022. The driver is available for Linux (ARM, x86_64), FreeBSD (x86_64) and Solaris (x86_64).
General innovations NVIDIA 460 branches:
- Added support for GPU GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, RTX A6000, A40, T500, A100-SXM4-80GB.
- Added support for the RandR extension for rotation and reflection when using an NVIDIA graphics card for “PRIME Display Offload” output.
- The “Reverse PRIME Bypass” optimization has been implemented, which reduces the load in the “PRIME Render Offload” and “PRIME Display Offload” modes when running full-screen applications.
- Vulkan graphics API support has been significantly improved. Added support Vulkan-extensions VK_KHR_fragment_shading_rate, VK_NV_fragment_shading_rate_enums, VK_KHR_acceleration_structure, VK_KHR_shader_terminate_invocation, VK_KHR_copy_commands2, VK_EXT_shader_image_atomic_int64, VK_EXT_external_memory_host, VK_KHR_ray_tracing_pipeline, VK_KHR_ray_query, VK_KHR_pipeline_library and VK_KHR_deferred_host_operations. Li>
- From 128 MB to 1 GB increased the size of the disk cache for OpenGL and Vulkan shaders. Also, the placement of the shader cache on disk has been changed (the changes are only valid for new installations, on older systems the cache will continue to be located in the /.nv/ directory and will be limited to 128 MB).
- Dropped support for deprecated NV-CONTROL attributes:
- The AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration setting has been changed to True to allow the NVIDIA driver to be used with X servers without screens attached.
- Added initial experimental suspend-to-idle hibernation. li>
- Improved memory allocation strategy in modeset.ko kernel module.
- Added “NoInterlacedModes” parameter to the “ModeValidation” option in the X server driver to disable interlaced scan modes.
Updates of past LTS branches are proposed at the same time 390.141 and 450.102.04 . Release 390.141 provides compatibility with the Linux 5.8 kernel. In version 450.102.04, bugs have been fixed, including crashing X clients, and compatibility with AMD Secure Memory Encryption technology has been ensured.