After the year of development took place release gstreamer 1.22 , cross-platform set of components for creating a wide range of multimedia applications, from media-players and converters of audio/video files, to VOIP applications and streaming systems. GSTreamer code is distributed under the license lgplv2.1. Separately, the Up-Plugins-Base, GST-PLUGINS-HOOD, GST-PLUGINS-BAD, GST-PLUGINS-UGLY, as well as the GST-Libav and streaming server GST-RTSP-SERVER, are developing separately. At the API and ABI level, the new release is back compatible with a branch of 1.0. Binar assemblies soon will be prepared for Android, iOS, MacOS and Windows (it is recommended to use distribution packages in Linux).
Key improvements gstreamer 1.22:
- Improved support for the coding format AV1. The possibility of using hardware acceleration of coding and decoding AV1 through the API VAAPI/VA, AMF, D3D11, NVCODEC, QSV and Intel MediaSDK. Added new RTP-cutters for AV1. Improved AV1 analysis in MP4, Matroska and WebM containers. The assemblies include elements with AV1 encoders and decoders based on libraries DAV1D and RAV1E.
- Contributed QT6. Added an element QML6GLSINK using QT6 to draw a video inside the QML scene.
- Added elements GTK4PaintableSink and GTKWaylandSink for drawing using GTK4 and Wayland.
- added new customers for adaptive streaming supporting the HLS, Dash and MSS (Microsoft Smooth Streaming).
- Provides the possibility of creating cut -off assemblies optimized to reduce size.
- Added support for WebRTC simulcast and Google Conteration Control.
- Provided a simple and self -sufficient plugin for sending via Webrtc.
- Added a new MP4 media context package with support for fragmented and non -fragmented data.
- Added new plugins for Amazon AWS storage and sound transcription services.
- Updated bindings for Rust. Added 19 new plugins, effects and elements written on Rust ( gst-plugins -rs ). It is noted that 33% of the changes in the new Gstreamer are implemented on Rust (the changes relate to the bindings and plugins), and the set of gst-plugins -rs plugins is one and the most actively developed Gstreamer modules. The plugins written in the Rust language can be used in programs in any languages and working with them is similar to the use of plugins on C and C ++.
- Supply of plugins on Rust as part of official binary packages for Windows and MacOS platforms (assembly and delivery is supported for Linux, Windows and MacOS).
- A media server based on WEBRTC, which supports WIP (WebRTC HTTP INGEST) and WEBRTC HTTP EGRESS, is implemented.
- Added an element of Videocolorscale, combining the possibilities for converting and scaling videos.