Smart Homepod Saves Family From Fire

In Colorado there was an unusual case when a Homepod smart speaker saved a family from a fire in the kitchen. The device, equipped with a sound recognition function, promptly notified the hosts about the fire, preventing serious consequences.

The incident took place in Colorado Springs. According to the local fire department, it all began when the family’s dog accidentally turned on the oven where there were cardboard boxes. As the boxes caught fire, the Homepod detected the sound of a fire alarm and sent a notification to the owner’s iPhone.

Thanks to the timely alert, the family was able to extinguish the fire before the firefighters arrived. The responding team confirmed that there was no active fire, but the homeowner was hospitalized for smoke poisoning. Thankfully, no one, including the pets, suffered serious injuries.

The sound recognition feature, available on the second generation Homepod and Homepod Mini, is part of the security settings in the Home application on Apple devices. However, it is essential to remember that even with advanced technology, properly installed smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms are crucial for home safety.

In conclusion, it is important not to blame the curious dog for the incident. Instead, it serves as a reminder to avoid leaving flammable objects on or near the stove. Safety measures are vital to prevent such accidents in the future.

/Reports, release notes, official announcements.