- In the 2021 was created 61 million new repositories (for 2020 – 60 million for 2019 – 44 million) and sent more than 170 million pull-requests. The total number of repositories has reached the mark of 254 million.
- Followers GitHub has increased by 15 million users, reaching 73 million (there were 56 million the year before last year – 41 million three years ago – 31 million). 3 million people are first connected (sent change) to the development of open source software (in 2020 – 2.8 million)
- During the year the number of users of GitHub from Russia increased from 1.5 to 1.98 million, from the Ukraine – with 646 to 815 thousand from Belarus – from 168 to 214,000, from Kazakhstan – from 86 to 118 thousand. In the US there are 13 million users in China – 7.5 million in India – 7.2 million in Brazil – 2.3 million in the UK – 2.2 million in Germany – 1.9 million, in France – 1.5 million
- in N. America are concentrated 43.2% of active users (last year – 34%) in Europe – 33.5% (26.8%), in Azii – 15.7% (30.7%), South America – 3.1% (4.9%), Africa – 1% (2%)
- Developer Productivity begins to return to the indicators observed before the start of a pandemic COVID-19, but only 10.7% of the surveyed developers intend to return to work in offices (up to pandemic working in offices was 41%), 47.6% are planning to use hybrid schemes (which -That team in the office, and some remotely), and 38% intend to continue to work remotely (up to a pandemic 26.5%) worked remotely.
- 47.8% of developers writing code projects presented at GitHub, as part of their job duties in commercial companies, 13.5% – by participating in the life of open source projects, and 27.9% being students.
- On the number of new projects registered participants on GitHub at least two years, leading repository gustavoguanabara / git-github, trustwallet / assets and flybywiresim / a32nx.