Release of the experimental branch of open implementation WinAPI – Wine 6.18 . Since the release of version 6.17, 19 error reports were closed and 485 changes were made.
The most important changes:
- Shell32 and Winebus libraries are converted to PE format (Portable Executable).
- Unicode data updated to version 14.
- MONO engine is updated to version 6.4.0.
- Additional work on support for the debug format DWARF 3/4.
- is enabled by default new backend for joysticks that support HID (Human Interface Devices).
- Error reports related to the work of the Resident Evil 7 game are closed.
- Error reports related to the operation of applications: Far Manager 2.0, Melodyne 5, ID Photo Maker 3.2, Thai2english, Windows ISO Downloader 8.45, Click-N-Type 3.03.
At the same time formed Project release wine Staging 6.18 , within which extended Wine assemblies are formed, including not fully finished or risky patches, so far unsuitable for adoption in the main branch of Wine. Compared to Wine in Wine Staging, 616 extra patch is provided.
In the new release, it was synchronized with the Code Base of Wine 6.18. The main composition of Wine translated 7 patches associated with ntoskrnl.exe, IRP, support for UNIXFS in Shell32 and the implementation of the functions of the K32GetModuleInformation, K32GetModuleInformation and K32GetModuleIbaseNamea. Added 4 Patch with the ability to integrate token objects in SAPI and support functions FLTBuildDefaultSecurityDescriptor and ISPObjectToken-CreateInstance . Updated Patch Plat-Streaming-Support.
Additionally, you can note Announcement Epic Games on the implementation of support for the Linux platform in the anti-chit system Easy Anti-Cheat . Support is implemented both for native Linux assemblies and for games running using Wine and Proton, which will solve problems with starting in Wine / Proton Windows-based games with an anti-tite. Easy Anti-Cheat allows you to start a network game in a special isolation mode that verify the integrity of the game client and detecting inclusion in the work of the process and manipulation with its memory.